Insomnia is the most common sleep disorder in world and everyone at some point in their life will experience it at one point. Insomnia is simply the inability to get to sleep or the inability to stay asleep. Insomnia is often caused by lifestyle factors and is on the rise in westernised societies due to these lifestyle choices encroaching upon good sleep hygiene. Insomnia has broad range of symptoms at night and during the day.
Night symptoms include;
- Awake for long periods
- Short periods of sleep
- Mind racing
- Frequent position changes
- Unable to switch off
Daytime symptoms include;
- Weight Gain
- Short temper
- Poor concentration
- Low mood
- No motivation
- High blood pressure
- Need to nap
Book a private Telephone Consultation with one of our Specialists.
They will spend 45-60 minutes asking you questions about your medical history, sleep habits and problems and general routine.
As most insomnia is caused by lifestyle factors our Specialists can recommended changes to routines and habits and commonly the Insomnia requires no further treatment. If it does or is recommended at 10% discount will be offered on a Sleep Study and treatment.
Telephone consultations can usually be conducted within 24 hours.
Click here to book today.
Includes the 2 week use of Actigraphy watch that helps our specialist make a full assessment of your lifestyle.
- Activity levels – This helps us understand how active/inactive you are during the and at night when you are meant to be sleeping.
- Light levels. Light levels have a huge impact upon hormone regulation. Over the two week period an analysis can be made to see if this impacting upon your sleep and daytime function.
- Temperature. Our devices are recorded near body temperature. This helps understand when your body is trying is trying to wind down.
- A comprehensive diary. This covers bed and wake times, along actions in the day, meal times and other aspects of your life.
- A follow-up phone call with one of our specialists. Included is a written report outlining findings and suggested actions to take.
This is a pioneering programme that provides an online 6 week course that deals with thoughts, behaviours and emotions regarding sleep and generally well being.
Before starting the course full telephone consultation to asses your needs.
During the course you will have weekly webinars tailored to your requirements.
Then weekly telephone consultations with one of our specialists to help keep you on track and get the most out of your therapy. Once the 6 week course is over, you access to all materials for 1 year.
Our CBT programme has shown on average patients have reported;
- 54% reduction in the time taken to fall asleep
- 62 fewer awakenings
- 58% boost to daytime energy and concentration