Snoring and Sleep Apnoea Assessments
A home sleep study is an essential step on the pathway to treatment of your sleep problem. Our Snoring and Sleep Apnoea test is our most detailed sleep study. Once we have captured the physiological aspects of your sleep we can identify the problem and produce a tailored treatment plan. Sleep studies are essential to help us pin point the problem with your sleep. The Sleep Disorders Clinic insist on a 2 night home sleep study. This will ensure the data retrieved is valid and reliable.
The process is simple. Simply add to basket and your sleep study will be delivered next working day by signed for courier. Delivery can be to your home or work address. Before going to bed put the equipment on and go to sleep. In the morning take it off and repeat for the second night. Once the two sleep study is finished with, complete the questionnaire accompanied, pack it up and contact the clinic. From this point we will arrange a courier to collect the equipment free of charge. Your results will be available the following afternoon. A follow up consultation will be conducted with a sleep specialist to explain the results and a management plan for you. This also give you the opportunity to ask any questions you may have.
How will a sleep study help with my snoring?
A sleep study/sleep apnoea test will first analyse how much you snore in a thorough clinical manner. Next it will categorise how intense your snoring is. Once we have this information along with other aspects of your health we will be able to tailor a treatment plan that is guaranteed to stop you snoring, no matter how loud or anti social.
What does the comprehensive home sleep study tests for?
- Obstructive Sleep Apnoea
- Central Sleep Apnoea
- Snoring –oral
- Mixed Sleep Apnoea
- Cheyne Stokes Respiration
What is included with the comprehensive home sleep study?
- Comprehensive questionnaire
- All courier costs
- Full written report
- Management plan
- Follow up telephone consultation
- 2 nights use of the home sleep study equipment
What does the comprehensive home sleep study measure?
- Pulse rate
- Breathe holding
- Oxygen saturations
- Sleep position
- Respiratory chest/abdominal effort
- Breathing nasal/oral
- Presumed sleep/wake states
An Insomnia Assessment; this includes the two week use of an Actigraphy watch which helps our specialist make a full assessment of your lifestyle. It allows for the following factors to be noted; the activity level, which allows us to know how active/inactive you are during the time which is allocated for sleeping. The light levels can also be analyzed to ascertain whether this is a contributing factor or not as light levels have a quite an impact upon hormonal regulation. This is followed by a follow up call with one of our specialists, which includes a written report highlighting the findings and outlining the actions to be taken accordingly.
Includes the 2 week use of Actigraphy watch that helps our specialist make a full assessment of your lifestyle.
- Activity levels – This helps us understand how active/inactive you are during the and at night when you are meant to be sleeping.
- Light levels. Light levels have a huge impact upon hormone regulation. Over the two week period an analysis can be made to see if this impacting upon your sleep and daytime function.
- Temperature. Our devices are recorded near body temperature. This helps understand when your body is trying is trying to wind down.
- A comprehensive diary. This covers bed and wake times, along actions in the day, meal times and other aspects of your life.
- A follow-up phone call with one of our specialists. Included is a written report outlining findings and suggested actions to take.