A telephone consultation with one of our specialists;
One of our specialist will take a comprehensive history of your sleep, and where possible make a preliminary identification of what is the problem. Consultations last 45 minutes and cover past medical history, current medications and daytime/night routine. Our specialist will also talk through any suggested actions to be taken. If any tests are recommended these can purchased with 10% discount.
Face to Face consultation
- Consultation with one of our sleep specialists. Consultations last 1 hour and will cover;
- Physical examination including;
- Height, weight, Blood pressure, hip circumference, chest sounds, oral examination.
- Full medical history
- Medication history
- Sleep history
- Management plan.
Snoring and Sleep Apnoea Assessments
A home sleep study is an essential step on the pathway to treatment of your sleep problem. Our comprehensive sleep study is our most detailed sleep study. Once we have captured the physiological aspects of your sleep we can identify the problem and produce a tailored treatment plan.
What does the comprehensive home sleep study tests for?
- Obstructive Sleep Apnoea
- Central Sleep Apnoea
- Snoring –oral
- Mixed Sleep Apnoea
- Cheyne Stokes Respiration
What is included with the comprehensive home sleep study?
- Comprehensive questionnaire
- All courier costs
- Full written report
- Management plan
- Follow up telephone consultation
- 2 nights use of the home sleep study equipment
What does the comprehensive home sleep study measure?
- Pulse rate
- Breathe holding
- Oxygen saturations
- Sleep position
- Respiratory chest/abdominal effort
- Breathing nasal/oral
- Presumed sleep/wake states
An Insomnia Assessment; this includes the two week use of an Actigraphy watch which helps our specialist make a full assessment of your lifestyle. It allows for the following factors to be noted; the activity level, which allows us to know how active/inactive you are during the time which is allocated for sleeping. The light levels can also be analyzed to ascertain whether this is a contributing factor or not as light levels have a quite an impact upon hormonal regulation. This is followed by a follow up call with one of our specialists, which includes a written report highlighting the findings and outlining the actions to be taken accordingly.
Includes the 2 week use of Actigraphy watch that helps our specialist make a full assessment of your lifestyle.
- Activity levels – This helps us understand how active/inactive you are during the and at night when you are meant to be sleeping.
- Light levels. Light levels have a huge impact upon hormone regulation. Over the two week period an analysis can be made to see if this impacting upon your sleep and daytime function.
- Temperature. Our devices are recorded near body temperature. This helps understand when your body is trying is trying to wind down.
- A comprehensive diary. This covers bed and wake times, along actions in the day, meal times and other aspects of your life.
- A follow-up phone call with one of our specialists. Included is a written report outlining findings and suggested actions to take.